Are you feeling more anxious or depressed than you anticipated?
Are you feeling anxious about labor and delivery?
Are you feeling anxious about what the future holds?
Are you worried about symptoms of perinatal depression or anxiety (PMADS)?
The adjustments around pregnancy and parenting are often shadowed by the excitement of the process. But pregnancy and motherhood changes relationships, friendships, career. Life. Therapy can help you manage stress during the pregnancy, prepare for the future and connect with your partner; while also providing a space to be honest about the challenges and changes. So whether you’re thinking about becoming a mom, pregnant for the first time, or already have children,therapy can help you find support and guidance.
Common concerns include:
- Feeling overwhelmed by the physical and emotional changes of pregnancy.
- Feeling both frustrated and grateful in the pregnancy.
- Disconnect from partner, family and friends.
- Exhaustion, tearfulness, change in appetite.
- Overwhelming sadness, anger, irritability or hopelessness.
- Difficulty with shift in career deciding whether to return to work.
- Fears of bonding with the baby or fears of parenting.
- Racing thoughts and a constant sense of uneasiness.
- Feeling empty and numb as if just going through the motions.
- Anxiety or panic attacks.
- Lack of focus and concentration.