Is your transition into motherhood more difficult than you expected?
Do you wish you had more support?
Are you worried about symptoms of perinatal depression or anxiety (PMADS)?
The adjustments around becoming a mom for the first (or fourth!) time are often shadowed by the excitement of the process and the attention on the new baby. But becoming a mom changes relationships, friendships, career. Life. Therapy can help you connect with yourself, your partner and your child; while also providing a space to be honest about the challenges and changes. So whether you’re thinking about becoming a mom, a mom for the first time or have older children, therapy can help you find support and guidance.
Common concerns include:
- Feeling overwhelmed by the changes in sleep and schedule that come with motherhood.
- Feelings of guilt due to high self-expectations
- Disconnect from partner, family and friends.
- Exhaustion, tearfulness, change in appetite.
- Overwhelming sadness, anger, irritability or hopelessness.
- Difficulty with shift in career or returning to work.
- Not feeling a bond a with the baby.
- Racing thoughts and a constant sense of uneasiness.
- Feeling empty and numb as if just going through the motions
- Anxiety or panic attacks.
- Lack of focus and concentration.
Babies and nursing mamas are always welcome!