Is your transition into motherhood more difficult than you expected?
Are you struggling with infertility?
Are you pregnant and feeling anxious about what the future holds?
Are you worried about symptoms of perinatal mood or anxiety disorders (PMADS)?
The adjustments around fertility, pregnancy and parenting are often shadowed by the excitement of the process. But becoming a new mom changes relationships, friendships, career..life. Therapy can help you connect with yourself, your partner and your child; while also providing a space to be honest about the challenges and changes. So whether you’re thinking about becoming a mom, working through fertility concerns, pregnant, or a new mom, therapy can help you find support and guidance.
Common concerns include:
- Feeling overwhelmed by the uncertainty of fertility treatments, pregnancy or motherhood.
- Feelings of guilt due to high self-expectations
- Disconnect from partner, family and friends.
- Exhaustion, tearfulness, change in appetite.
- Overwhelming sadness, anger, irritability or hopelessness.
- Difficulty with shift in career or returning to work.
- Not feeling a bond a with the baby.
- Racing thoughts and a constant sense of uneasiness.
- Feeling empty and numb as if just going through the motions
- Anxiety or panic attacks.
- Lack of focus and concentration.
Babies and nursing mamas are always welcome!